Global Rights for Women works with leaders around the world to advance women and girls’ human right to live free from violence through legal reform and institutional and social change.
We carry our work guided by:
- An uncompromising commitment to all women’s right to equality and safety and offender accountability for violence
- The voices of women and girls who have experienced gender-based violence
- Recognized leadership that is informed by the wisdom of worldwide experience
- Partnering and collaborating globally with organizations and communities to examine the practices and policies of social and governmental agencies that intervene in the lives of women and girls
- Agility in responding to the needs of partners
- A sustained commitment to justice by helping to shape and implement laws to effectively prevent and respond to violence against women and girls
- Integrity, humility, generosity, and respect for the dignity of all
- The belief the violence against women and girls is an act of discrimination and a tool to subjugate women interrelated with multiple institutions of oppression such as racism, classism, and sexism
Global Rights for Women is a leading voice in the global movement to end violence against women and girls. GRW builds international partnerships that advance laws, values, and practices to create communities where all women and girls live free from violence and threats of violence. In times of greater resistance to human rights from regressive forces, GRW makes an
uncompromising commitment to the universal acceptance of women and girls’ human right to be free from violence.
*Global Rights for Women uses ‘women and girls’ as an inclusive term reflecting ALL those who identify as female