Director of Development
Posted on September 15th, 2023
Position will remain open until filled
Global Rights for Women (GRW) is a fast-growing, international women’s human rights nonprofit organization based in Minneapolis, MN that is looking for an exceptional Director of Development to guide the organization through its next phase of growth. The Director of Development reports to the Director of Operations and will supervise future development staff. The Director of Development will collaboratively direct, plan, and implement a comprehensive development strategy, prioritize financial growth, oversee grants writing and management, and coordinate fundraising efforts across staff and board.
Work closely with the Executive Director, Director of Operations, Communications Manager, and Board of Directors to expand on and implement a strategic funding plan for the organization, including the following:
- Drive and build on GRW’s funding strategy in alignment with Strategic Plan, annual goals, and current organizational priorities
- Secure philanthropic support through the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gifts from multiple funding opportunities including foundations, corporations, governments, and individuals
- Direct national outreach strategy through leveraging and driving opportunities in priority focus areas
- Oversee integration of consistent fundraising culture across all programming, communications and all organizational efforts
- Work closely with Communications Manager to ensure consistent message and brand across all written communications including fundraising campaigns, PR, website, and social media
- Oversee the production of the annual report, annual appeals, donor recognition, acknowledgments, and other stewardship activities
- Work with Communications Manager as staff liaisons to the board’s Development and Communication Committee
- Manage Bloomerang database software usage including consistent donor data collection, management, and opportunities
- Work alongside Sponsorship Committee for all fall event outreach, cultivation, and stewardship efforts for existing and new audiences
- In collaboration with relevant staff and board, ensure coordination of small and large event activities
Identify and secure new funding opportunities and establish a streamlined process for grants management. This focus will include:
- Prioritize the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of new grant opportunities
- Manage GRW grant application process including coordinating staff planning, proposal timeline, writing process and division of staff and partner roles, ensuring requirements are met, working with staff and Finance Manager to draft proposal budgets, and final proposal submission
- Maintain detailed grants calendar to monitor application deadlines, grant payments, and reporting deadlines
- A passion for the mission of Global Rights for Women and in addressing gender-based violence against women and girls nationally and internationally
- Minimum of 5-10 years of full-time nonprofit fundraising experience
- Fundraising: Experience managing and driving revenue strategy for an annual budget of $1M with a track record of securing major gifts and grants of $50,000+
- Entrepreneurial: A proven self-starter, and ability to own and accomplish significant responsibilities
- Communications: Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising; Ability to convey complex ideas through brief content; Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences
- Collaboration: Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives
- Relationship Building: Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with donors, peers, and external stakeholders
GRW offers a comprehensive benefits package with generous PTO
Option to work either at Minneapolis headquarters or remotely with requirement to travel to Minneapolis at least 4 times per year with travel stipend
Salary range of $60,000-$70,000 and commensurate with experience
Global Rights for Women is a Minnesota nonprofit corporation with tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3).
Applications from members of underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQI, immigrants, veterans and people with disabilities.
How to Apply: All applications must email a resume and cover letter to be considered. Applications without all materials and not emailed to us will not be considered. Application materials can be sent to email@example.com with subject line specifying the Director of Development position.