Pathways to Family Peace Program Coordinator
Pathways to Family Peace (Pathways) seeks a program coordinator. Pathways is a new local direct service program of Global Rights for Women (GRW). The Coordinator of Pathways to Family Peace will coordinate and co-facilitate programming to domestic violence offenders. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in coordinating and facilitating a domestic violence education program. In addition, preference will be given to candidates living in northeast and rural Minnesota. This preference has been determined by the funding source of the position.
The Pathways to Family Peace Program Coordinator (the Coordinator) will report to Global Rights for Women’s (GRW) Director of International Training/Pathways to Family Peace Program Manager (Manager) and the Executive Director and provide a broad range of operation and program coordination of the Pathways to Family Peace (Pathways) non-violence program for domestic violence offenders. Pathways provides weekly group sessions for offenders aimed at changing violent behavior and the beliefs about power, control and gender roles that underlie this violence. This position will coordinate the program and co-facilitate a minimum of one non-violence program group per week.
Geographic priority: Preference will be given to candidates living in northeast and rural Minnesota.
- Conduct regular outreach and provide information to the community about Pathways. Outreach and information should target agencies that refer men and women to non-violence programs through court order or otherwise.
- Organize and conduct intake interviews for men and women who request to participate in Pathways.
- Co-facilitate a minimum of one Pathways group session per week.
- Communicate to clients, facilitators and referral agencies regarding the agreed upon start date of each client and their attendance, absences and payment.
- Keep a thorough database of the above.
- Invoice clients monthly and document payments.
- Communicate with victims about their partners’ participation in Pathways, which is required by Minnesota law.
- In consultation with the Manager, select and oversee consultants to serve as Pathways group facilitators.
- Supervise, evaluate and organize regular communication with group facilitators.
- Create and manage Pathways budget and liaison with GRW Director of Finance and Manager
- Oversee Pathways program communications on the GRW website and program written materials.
- Coordinate all grants for Pathways to Family Peace
- Seek opportunities to provide training about Pathways. Coordinate and participate in trainings.
- Coordinate the expansion of Pathways to include groups specifically for Native American domestic violence offenders.
- Coordinate the expansion of the program to include groups for women domestic violence offenders.
- Participate in and provide input to program planning for Global Rights for Women and attend all GRW staff meetings.
- Participate in general GRW local and international programming as requested by the Manager and the Executive Director.
Qualifications and experience for 30 hours non-exempt Pathways Coordinator position:
- At least three or more years coordinating a men’s non-violence program
- Strong writing skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Prior experience in coordinating and facilitating a domestic violence education program preferred
- Bachelors’ degree preferred
Pay and position:
This is a non-exempt position that will initially begin as a 30 hour per week hourly position with an hourly rate range of $18-$25 per hour.
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to: email@example.com by January 30, 2021.