Program Administrative Associate
Global Rights for Women (GRW) is a Minneapolis, Minnesota-based international nonprofit. Founded in 2014, our mission is to work with leaders in Minnesota and around the world to advance women and girls’ human right to live free from violence through legal reform and institutional and social change.
The Program Administrative Associate will provide a broad range of administrative and support services to program staff. Regular duties include office administrative services, development and program support, operations management, contract management support, IT support, and event and volunteer support.
The Program Administrative Associate role will consist of the following activities:
Administration – 90%
- Support for Global Rights for Women Program Manager and Director of International Training to perform routine clerical tasks such as scanning, emailing, formatting and editing documents, scheduling meetings, creating meeting agendas, meeting links and meeting minutes
- Prepare and assist with planning logistics for local and international trainings, workshops, conferences and presentations including travel arrangements, organizing materials, and communicating and coordinating with involved volunteers, partners, and trainers
- Prepare and organize necessary documents for GRW program staff and partner meetings
- Assist with technology needs of GRW and troubleshoot shared drive, computer, printer and other staff technology issues
- Support GRW Program Leadership in maintaining and updating website
- Facilitate account set up, equipment procurement and onboarding for new program employees and program consultants
- Ensure organization’s program online files are consistently backed-up and organized
- Assist Finance Manager with regular reconciliation of contract billing and grant management
- Provide technical and administrative support for program meetings, webinars and trainings
- Support management of Constant Contact list-serves and email signups
- Support the onboarding logistics and time-keeping of program interns and volunteers
- Provide support to GRW Development & Communications team as needed
Pathways to Family Peace Administrative Support – 10%
Provide Pathways to Family Peace administrative support services. Pathways to Family Peace is a local domestic violence perpetrator program. This administrative position will provide up to 4-8 hours of administrative support a week. Duties include, but not limited to:
- Organization of confidential client information and files
- Contact with victims of domestic violence
- Track and monitor participant attendance and program statistics
- Support Program Manager with client referrals
- Maintain Pathways to Family Peace observation website for appointments
- Possible opportunity for perpetrator program class facilitation
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
Ideal candidates will have experience and/or education in international and/or gender studies, sociology, criminal justice, human rights, pre-law, nonprofit management, related fields or commensurable work experience (unpaid work experience will be considered equivalent to paid work experience) Candidate must be willing to work flexible weekday hours to accommodate international time zones.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional writing skills and the ability to communicate clearly internally with staff and externally with stakeholders; including the ability to work cross-culturally, experience in diverse and international audiences preferred
- Technological Skills: Ideal candidates will have strong skills relating to Mac/Windows operating systems, Docusign, Google Drive and Suite, Basecamp, Microsoft Office, Social Media platforms, as well as general IT troubleshooting skills. Experience with video conference software is preferred.
- Personal Characteristics: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work and deliver tasks independently, self-motivated, extremely detail-oriented, and proven ability to multitask, finds joy in problem solving, committed to gender justice and liberation, committed to racial justice and liberation, bi-lingual and multilingual applicants preferred
Worksite: Office based with remote working possible.
Supervised by: Director of International Training & Program Manager
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and within the range of similar non-profit organizations. Global Rights for Women offers a comprehensive benefits package.